Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pretty Cool Feature on the Tugendhat House

http://www.ilpost.it/2012/02/02/villa-tugendhat-mies-van-der-rohe/

I've been a big fan of bauhaus architecture for some time, and always wondered what it was like to head inside (most photos of course being from the outside.  I tried to convince my mom to take me to the Farnsworth House when we went to Chicago, but it was too out of the way.

At any rate, this and a Dutch video tour I found once of the Rietveld-Schröder House in Utrecht have been the best I've seen on the internet showing the interior of a modernist designed private residence, and Mies is of course one of the best.  I hope I can find something on Breuer at some point, because he is also a favorite of mine.  The cantilever chairs in the dining room are classic Mies van der Rohe.

No comments:

Post a Comment