Monday, May 28, 2012

Recent Creative Endeavors

Most recently, I've been really into music, and tunes and things have been pulsing through me, to the extent that I really want to start a band just to get some of this down. Hopefully at some point I'll get the opportunity to do that, though I'm afraid it's all a bit too poppy and derivative for even my own taste.

Also, I've started writing some free verse poetry in this new stanza formation that can be read vertically in addition to horizontally, so I thought it would be fun to post up the horizontally organized bits to see how they read. Here they are:


#1
envelop me
toward the intangible
Things that did not
like those shaking atoms


#2
I once read of the Visigoths
throughout the continent
to have been so carefree.


#3
but how
to think I was


#4
Yours
as though we were the same
worthy of adoration
to cover us in white


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sometimes fragments like these mean something to me, so maybe someone will see this disconnected bits and get something from them. I know I'm curious to see what I myself think in a week or two when I read this page again

No comments:

Post a Comment