Monday, July 25, 2011

Quick Commentary I

I often think of random and disjointed things, and have decided to record some of them here:

- Having finished In Search of Lost Time, I went back to Swann's Way and noticed that in the beginning of the book, the Narrator mentions that he has stayed, at one point, with a Mme. de Saint-Loup.  I vaguely remember when I first read it and thinking she was probably some random old woman with nice furniture
- Byron and Keats died at 36 and 26 respectively, as did Pushkin and Lermontov.  I thought this was a strange coincidence.
- Describing Eric's Trip to someone: is Slowdive meets the Stooges accurate? Or simply a Lo-fi Slowdive (for whatever reason I think the dynamics of both bands were very similar)
- If Chris Osgood does end up in the Hockey Hall of Fame, no member will have been so consistently out-played that I can recall.  He's lost his starting job to Mike Vernon, Garth Snow, and Ty Conklin in addition to CuJo/Hasek and finally Jimmy Howard.
- I really should read some Balzac at some point, but I'm not particularly sure which part of La Comédie Humaine I should read (since I likely won't have time for all of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment