Friday, July 15, 2011

First Post!

This is my first post, so I'll just mention a couple things as starters:
 - As a pedant, I chose to name this blog after the not particularly noteworthy but nonetheless remarkable character from In Search of Lost Time because I really do love Proust; the name itself reflects my own sense of anachronism; and almost as a hope that I should have the same mysterious and unpredictable talent, bordering on genius, that "I'm a wash-out" (whose real name is Octave - one of three people whom I can recall in the book whose names are in the dictionary, the others being Basin and that guy whom everyone calls Gri-gri but never shows up in La richerche) eventually displays in the art of theatre set design
 - I may, assuming I post here, post on a number of different topics, and I don't predict that I shall end up specializing too much
- That was two, and that's all I have to say, but that is too small a number of subjects for bullets to be used, so yeah.  Hopefully I post with relative frequency

No comments:

Post a Comment